Do I need the latest microcode for Windows 10?
No. Microsoft regularly releases updates to Windows 10 that take care of updating the microcode. If you would like to update the microcode manually, you can do so by downloading the latest microcode from Intel or AMD and updating the BIOS on your machine.
Does Thunderbolt 3 support PCI Express on Windows 10 Redstone?
Yes, Thunderbolt 3 supports PCI Express on Windows 10 Redstone. The Windows 10 Redstone operating system includes native support for Thunderbolt 3, which means that all Thunderbolt 3 devices are automatically compatible with any Windows 10 Redstone device.
How to create VPN server on Windows 10?
1. First, open Windows Settings and select Network & Internet.
2. In the left hand side menu, select VPN, then select Add a VPN connection.
3. Enter the necessary details for your VPN connection, including the VPN server address, account name, and VPN type.
4. Select Advanced Options, then enable Allow other people to use this connection.
5. Select OK to save your changes. Then select the Change Adapter Settings to open the Network Connections window.
6. Navigate to the VPN connection you just created and right-click it. Select Properties.
7. Select the Sharing tab, then select Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection. Select OK to save your changes.
8. Run the following command in the command prompt: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<NameOfNetwork> key=<WiFiKey>
9. Type the following command to start the hosted network: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
10. Once the hosted network has started, open the Windows Firewall from the Control Panel.
11. Select Inbound Rules, then select New Rule.
12. Select Port and then click Next.
13. Select TCP and enter port 1723 as the port number, then click Next.
14. Select Allow the Connection and then click Next twice.
15. Name the new rule “PPTP VPN” and select Finish.
You should now have successfully set up a VPN server on Windows 10.
How to make portable Windows 10?
To create a portable version of Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Download the WindowsToGo Creator tool and install it on your computer.
2. Insert your USB flash drive into your computer and boot it up.
3. Select the USB drive as the target drive in the WindowsToGo Creator window.
4. Select the version of Windows 10 you want to put into the USB drive (Home, Pro, Education, or Enterprise).
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue creating your portable Windows 10 environment.
6. Once the process is complete, your USB flash drive is now ready to be used as a portable Windows 10 environment.
Does Windows 10 support DNS?
Yes, Windows 10 supports DNS. Windows 10 includes an implementation of the Domain Name System (DNS) that enables Windows 10-based computers to locate and connect to network resources.
How to delete store from Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app by pressing Windows Key + I.
2. Select Apps and click on Apps & Features in the left pane.
3. Select the app you wish to delete and click the Uninstall button.
4. Follow the prompts to uninstall the app.
How to install Metasploit for Windows 10?
1. Download the Metasploit Setup for Windows 10 from https://metasploit.help.rapid7.com/docs/installing-the-metasploit-framework
2. Once the download is complete, double-click on the installer to launch the installation.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Metasploit.
4. When the installation is complete, open the Metasploit console and type “help” to get started.
How to install and configure XAMPP on Windows 10?
1. Download the XAMPP installer from the Apache Friends website: https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html
2. Run the installer and follow the instructions to complete the installation. Make sure you have all the right permissions before you start the installation.
3. Once the installation is complete, open the XAMPP control panel.
4. Start the Apache and MySQL components by clicking on their respective “Start” buttons. The Apache and MySQL services will be running in the background.
5. Open your browser and type http://localhost in the address bar. This should open the XAMPP welcome page.
6. To create a database, click on the phpMyAdmin tab on the left-hand side.
7. Follow the instructions on the page to create your database.
8. To use the database, you will need to use a programming language such as PHP, ASP, or Perl. With XAMPP, you can use all three.
9. To stop the Apache and MySQL services, click on their respective “Stop” buttons in the XAMPP control panel.
How to restrict WiFi for certain users in Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app and select "Network & Internet".
2. On the left side of the window, select “Wi-Fi”.
3. Click "Manage known networks" and locate the network that you want to restrict access to.
4. Right-click on the network and select Properties.
5. Select “Security” and a window will appear.
6. Navigate to the “Advanced Settings” tab in this window.
7. Check the box next to “Enable Per User Network Access Control”.
8. Click “Add” to add the users you want to restrict.
9. Select the user that you want to restrict and click “Add” again.
10. Click “Close” and “OK” to save your changes. Your WiFi network is now restricted to the users you specified.