How do I change my mouse cursor settings in Windows 10?
To change your mouse cursor settings in Windows 10, open the Start menu and type "mouse" into the search bar. Select "Change your mouse settings" from the results. This will open the mouse settings window, where you can customize your cursor, speed, and other options for your mouse.
How to delete a partition in Windows 10?
1. Open the Start menu, and then type "Disk Management" in the search bar.
2. Select "Create and format hard disk partitions" from the list of results.
3. Right-click the partition you want to delete, and then select "Delete Volume".
4. Choose the option "Yes" when asked to confirm the volume deletion.
5. Once the partition has been deleted, you can either allocate the unallocated space to another partition or shrink an existing partition to create unallocated space.
How to install mi installer on Windows 10?
1. Download the Mi-Installer program from the official Mi-Installer website.
2. Run the downloaded Mi-Installer program on your computer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program.
4. Wait for the program to finish the installation.
5. Once the program is finished, you can now launch and start using Mi-Installer on your Windows 10 computer.
How to get to boot menu on Windows 10?
1. Start your computer and press the F2 or F12 key (depending on your computer's configuration) as soon as your computer’s logo appears on the startup screen.
2. If the F2 or F12 key does not launch the boot menu, try pressing the Del, Esc, or F10 key after the logo appears on the startup screen.
3. After pressing the key, you will see the boot menu appear. Use the arrow keys to select the option you want, then press Enter.
How to update OTA on Windows 10?
1. Click on the Start button, then select Settings.
2. Go to Update & Security.
3. Select Windows Update on the left menu and then click Check for Updates.
4. If any updates are available, they will be listed in the main window.
5. Select the update you wish to install and click the Install button.
6. Windows will then begin downloading and installing the update.
7. Once the update is installed, your system will be up to date.
How to see system default and installed language of Windows 10?
1. To view your system default language setting, open the Settings app and go to Time & Language.
2. In the "Region & language" section, click on the "Language" tile to view your current system defaults.
3. On the same page, you'll be able to see a list of all the installed language packs and their corresponding language codes.
4. If you need to install a new language, click the "+" next to "Preferred languages" and select the language you wish to install.
How to disable narrator Windows 10?
1. Press the Windows key + Ctrl+ Enter to launch the Narrator.
2. Select Settings from the Narrator window.
3. Uncheck the box next to “Start Narrator automatically when I sign in.”
4. Click OK to save the changes and close the Narrator window.
How to fix settings not opening on Windows 10 easily?
1. Try System File Checker
You can try to use the System File Checker to fix corrupted system files that might prevent Settings from opening. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, then type “cmd” and press enter to open Command Prompt. Then type the command “sfc /scannow” and press enter. The System File Checker will automatically scan and repair any corrupted files.
2. Run the Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter
The Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter can detect and fix problems with Windows Store apps, including problems with Settings not opening. To do this, open Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot and select the Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter.
3. Check your system resources
Low system resources may also cause Settings to not open. To check your system resources, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, then type “taskmgr” and press enter to open Task Manager. Go to the Performance tab and check the CPU, Disk and Memory usage. If any of these are above 90%, it could indicate that your system is low on resources.
4. Reset Microsoft Store
You can reset the Microsoft Store to fix any potential issues that may be preventing it from opening. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, then type “wsreset” and press enter. This will reset the Microsoft Store and potentially fix any problems related to it.
5. Reinstall Windows
Finally, if none of the above solutions work, you can try reinstalling Windows as a last resort. This will erase all your personal data and start you with a clean slate. Before doing so, make sure to back up your data to an external drive or cloud storage.
How to fix Windows 10 not responding to the BIOS?
1. Check the BIOS Settings: Make sure that your computer's BIOS is configured to boot from the correct media or device. You can access BIOS by pressing a specific key during boot up (e.g. F2, Del).
2. Check the Boot Order: In BIOS, make sure that the boot order is set to the proper order (e.g., hard drive first, CD/DVD drive second).
3. Reset BIOS Settings: If you've made any changes to the BIOS settings, make sure to restore them to the default settings. This may help if the system isn't recognising any boot device.
4. Reinstall Battery: If you've recently removed the motherboard battery, try placing it back into the slot.
5. Reset Power Supply: If the power supply has been disconnected or reset lately, try unplugging it and plugging it back in as well.
6. Check the Power Supply: Make sure that the power supply is working without any fault.
7. Test the System Memory (RAM): Test the system memory using a memory tester or software utility to check for any issues with the RAM or corrupted data.
8. Replace System Components: If the issue persists and none of the above steps have resolved it, then you should consider replacing any aging or faulty components like the motherboard, processor, memory, or hard drive.