How to filter data based on a text criteria in Excel?
1. Select the cells you want to filter.
2. Click the Data tab at the top of the window and select Filter.
3. Click the dropdown arrow for the column you want to filter.
4. Select Text Filters and select the criteria you want to filter with (i.e. Contains, Begins with, Ends with, etc).
5. Enter the text criteria into the box and click OK.
6. The data will be filtered based on the criteria you selected.
Why is Excel important when planning a trip?
Excel is important when planning a trip because it provides an efficient way to organize extensive information. It allows the user to quickly input, sort and analyse data which can be used to plan an efficient trip itinerary. Excel also allows users to easily create graphs which can be used to visualize data such as budget or journey duration. Additionally, Excel can be used to generate reports and presentations which can be used to present the details of the trip to others.
Can I import data from other sources in Excel?
Yes, you can import data from other sources into Excel. You can do this by using the Get & Transform Data option in Excel which allows you to connect to data from a variety of sources including databases, web services, and flat files. This feature makes it easy to import and manipulate data, giving Excel powerful data analysis capabilities.
How to make an Excel file shareable?
1. Save your Excel file in OneDrive or Dropbox
2. Right click the file, select Share, and enter the e-mail addresses of who you would like to share with
3. Set the permission levels for the shared Excel file (view, edit, etc.)
4. If necessary, add an optional message and click Send
5. The recipients will receive an e-mail notifying them that the file has been shared with them and how to access it.
Can Infragistics read an Excel file from a stream?
Yes, Infragistics can read an Excel file from a stream. Infragistics offers several different components, such as the ExcelSummaryReader, ExcelDocumentChartAdapter, and ExcelSpreadReader, which support reading and writing Excel files from a stream.
How to copy and paste validation in Excel?
1. Highlight the data you want to validate.
2. Go to Data tab on the ribbon.
3. Click Data Validation.
4. Select the validation you want to apply to the highlighted cells.
5. From the list of validations, select the one you would like to use and configure the options.
6. Click OK.
7. Select the same range of cells again and copy them using CTRL + C.
8. Select the range where you want to paste the validation and press CTRL + V to paste.
How do I open an Excel workbook?
1. Open Microsoft Excel.
2. Click the File tab, which is located in the upper-left corner of the window.
3. Select Open and browse for the Excel workbook you want to open.
4. Select the File Type as Excel Workbook (.xlsx).
5. Click Open to open your Excel workbook.
How to select only cells with data in Excel?
1. Select your dataset by clicking on the grey area above row 1 and to the left of column A.
2. Go to Data > Filter.
3. Click on the drop-down menu for each column and select "Number Filters" > "Greater Than..."
4. For each column, enter "0" and click OK. This will select only cells that contain data.
How to subtotal dates by month and year in Excel?
1. Select the data that contains the dates that you want to subtotal by month and year.
2. Go to the “Data” tab and select “Subtotal.”
3. In the “At each change in” field, select the column containing the dates you want to group by month and year.
4. Select the function that you want to use for the subtotals from the “Use function” field. You can use the sum, average, count, etc.
5. Select the checkbox for the column that you want to subtotal. For example, if you want to subtotal the prices of a particular item, select the checkbox for the column containing the prices.
6. Click “OK” to generate the subtotals.
7. Excel will display the subtotals grouped by the month and year of the dates.
What is a Research Excellence Award?
A Research Excellence Award is an honor conferred upon a researcher who has demonstrated exceptional research outcomes and publications through sustained excellence. This award is typically presented to researchers who have achieved scholarly excellence in the fields of science, engineering, technology, and social sciences. The award recognizes contributions to knowledge, innovative and influential findings, excellence in research-based teaching, and research leadership.