How to make a grouped frequency distribution table in Excel?
1. Create a layout in Excel worksheet including column titles or labels for the variables you want to track (e.g. "Name", "Age", "Gender").
2. Enter your data into the Excel worksheet.
3. Select all of the data (including the column titles or labels).
4. Select the Data tab on the ribbon and click on the Sort command.
5. Select the column to group by and click OK.
6. Select the Data tab and click on the Data Analysis command.
7. Select Frequency and select “Grouped Frequency” from the list, then click OK.
8. Select your input range and the output cell, then click OK.
9. Your grouped frequency distribution table will now appear in the worksheet and you can format it as desired.
How to make Excel table automatically expand?
1. Select the table by clicking on the top-left corner of the table.
2. Right-click within the table and select Table Properties.
3. Check the box labeled "Expand the table to accommodate new rows or columns as they are added."
4. Click OK.
Your table will now expand automatically when you add new rows or columns to it.
How to hide error values in Excel?
1. Select the cells with error values.
2. Go to Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
3. Select “Use a formula to determine which cells to format” and enter the formula “=ISERROR(A1)”, where A1 is the cell you want to hide the error value from.
4. Click the “Format” button and select the “No fill” option.
5. Click “OK” and the error values should now be hidden.
How to write SQL in Excel?
Microsoft Excel can be used to write SQL queries to quickly pull data from a database. To do this, use the Microsoft Query or Get Data feature.
1. Select the Data tab and click on "From Other Sources" in the ribbon, then click on "From Microsoft Query".
2. Select your data source and click on OK.
3. Select the data you want to use and click on the "Add" or "Add All" button.
4. Double-click on the tables to build relationships between them.
5. Select the appropriate columns and apply the necessary filters by using the SQL query.
6. Click on the "Return Data" button and the query will be shown in the preview section of the window.
7. Select your worksheet and the cell to start populating the data, then click on the "OK" button.
8. The data will be retrieved and displayed in the worksheet.
How to organize Excel alphabetical order?
1. Open your Excel spreadsheet or data table.
2. Select the cells you wish to organize alphabetically. If you want to organize the entire spreadsheet, press Ctrl+A to select all of the cells.
3. Click the Sort & Filter button located in the Editing group of the Home Ribbon and select either Sort A to Z or Sort Z to A.
4. If you have a row of headers, check the box next to My data has headers and click OK.
5. The selected cells or data table will be organized alphabetically in either ascending or descending order, respectively.
How to list all matched instances of a value in Excel?
1. To list all matched instances of a value, you can use the following formula: =MATCH(lookup_value, table_array,0). Replace lookup_value with the value you want to find in the table array, and table_array with the range of cells that the formula should search for the value.
2. Next, you can use the MATCH formula in another formula like =INDEX(table_array,MATCH()) to get the corresponding values from the same row in the range specified in the table array argument. This will list all the instances of the value you specified in the MATCH formula.
How to enter time and date in Excel?
To enter time in Excel, use the TIME function or the keyboard shortcut Shift+Space+;.
To enter a specific time, type the time in the format hh:mm:ss (hours, minutes, and seconds).
For example, to enter 10:30 PM, type 10:30:00 or 10:30 pm into the cell.
How to Enter Date
To enter a date in Excel, use the DATE function or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+;.
To enter a specific date, type the date in the format m/d/yyyy (month, day, and year).
For example, to enter December 10th, 2020, type 12/10/2020 into the cell.
How to import data from Excel to SQL Server database?
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Connect to the database you wish to import data into.
3. Click the "Import Data" option in the "Tasks" group of the "Database" tab while your database is selected.
4. Click "Browse" and select the path of your .xlsx or .xls file.
5. Set the options of the data import (options tab).
6. Select the worksheet from the excel file that you wish to import.
7. Select the destination table which you wish to import the data into.
8. Click "Preview Data" to view how the imported data will look.
9. Click "Finish" to begin the data import.
How to save or export each sheet as CSV/PDF file in Excel?
To save each sheet as a CSV or PDF, use the following steps:
1. Select all of the data in the sheet you'd like to save as a CSV or PDF file.
2. Click the 'File' tab and choose 'Save As.'
3. In the 'Save As' window, choose a file name and location and select either 'Comma Separated Values (.csv)' or 'Portable Document Format (.pdf)' from the 'Save as type' options.
4. Click 'Save' to download your file.