where is undo in excel
Undo is located in the Quick Access Toolbar that is usually located in the top left corner of the Excel window. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Z to undo an action in Excel.
How do you show hidden rows in Excel?
1. Select the rows you want to show.
2. Right click, then select "Unhide" from the menu.
3. The hidden rows should then be visible.
How to keep cells from moving in Excel?
1. Freeze panes: You can prevent cells from moving by "freezing" specific rows or columns. To do this, select the row or column below or to the right of where you would like it to be frozen. Go to View > Freeze Panes.
2. Lock/protect cells: You can also prevent cells from moving by locking them. To do this, select the cells you would like to lock and go to Home > Format > Protect Sheet. Click on the tick box next to Locked, and then click Ok.
3. Use formulae: You can use formulae to reference cells. This way, you can type in the references manually and cells don't get moved when rows/columns are inserted. To do this, go to the cell where you would like the formula to be, type =, and then use your mouse to select the cells you would like to reference.
How to add file location in Excel?
1. Click the File tab in the top-left corner of the Excel window and select Open.
2. In the Open dialog box, navigate to the location of your file. Depending on its type, select either All Excel Files (*.xlsx) or All Files (*.*).
3. Double-click the file you want to open. It will be added to the active Excel window.
How to build timeline Excel?
1. Open a new Excel spreadsheet.
2. Type "Date" in the first cell of the first column and bold the font.
3. Enter the dates you wish to include in your timeline into the remaining cells in the first column.
4. Type "Event" in the first cell of the second column and bold the font.
5. Enter the events you wish to include in your timeline into the remaining cells in the second column.
6. Select the first two columns.
7. Go to Insert on the top menu and select Line Chart from the Chart group. A basic timeline chart should appear.
8. Right-click on the chart and select Select Data.
9. Click on the Edit button.
10. Click on the Add button and type in a series name, such as "Timeline."
11. Click on the Edit button next to the Series X Values field, select the date column you created, and press OK.
12. Click on the Edit button next to the Series Y Values field, select the event column you created, and press OK.
13. Click on the Switch Row/Column button if you wish to have the dates on the vertical axis and the events on the horizontal axis.
14. Click ok.
15. Adjust the chart to your desired format by selecting the chart area and adjusting the Chart Tools options, if necessary.
How to make a function in Excel?
1. Open a new spreadsheet and click on the Insert tab.
2. In the Function Library group, select the Insert Function option.
3. Choose a function from the list of functions provided. Alternatively, you can enter the name of the function you want to use in the search box.
4. Enter the parameters for the function.
5. Click OK to apply the function. The formula you created will appear in the formula bar and the answer will display in the cell.
How to populate a list based on cell value in Excel?
1. Select the cell in which you want to enter the list of data.
2. Click the Data tab at the top of the window.
3. Select "Data Validation" from the Data Tools group.
4. In the Data Validation dialogue box, select the "List" option from the Allow drop-down menu.
5. Enter the range of cells that contain the list items in the Source text box.
6. Click "OK" to close the dialogue box.
7. Enter the value you wish to have populate its corresponding list in the cell.
The list items should now appear as you type it.
How do I change the number format in Excel?
1. Select the cells you want to change.
2. Right click and select Format Cells.
3. Select the Number tab on the Format Cells window.
4. Select the desired number format option from the list.
5. Click OK to apply the changes.
How to make a thermometer chart in Excel?
1. Create a blank spreadsheet, and enter the temperatures you want to represent in the thermometer. For example, if you're creating a thermometer to track a newscast's ratings, you would enter the percentages for each rating into a column.
2. Select the range of data cells you just created.
3. Click the "Insert" tab, then click "Column" from the Charts section and choose "Clustered Column."
4. Click "More Column Charts" and choose "Thermometer."
5. Click where it says "Axes" and adjust the scale options to choose the minimum, maximum and the number of intervals you want.
6. Click on the chart itself to select it and move it around.
7. Click on the "Design" tab, then select "Change Chart Type" and choose how you want to format your thermometer. You can also add a title and adjust the colors of the chart.
8. Once you are satisfied with the formatting, click "File" and "Save As" to save the file.