How do you reverse alphabetize in Excel?
To reverse alphabetize data in Excel, select the data you want to reverse alphabetize and then click the Sort A to Z button in the Data tab of the ribbon. When the Sort Warning dialog box appears, click "Expand the Selection". Then click the Sort Z to A option and click OK.
How do I display all conditional formatting in Excel?
1. Select the cells/range you want to format.
2. Go to Home > Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules.
3. Select the Rules Manager window.
4. Here you can view all the applied conditional formatting rules. You can edit them or delete them.
5. To add a new rule, click New Rule.
How to switch between worksheets in Excel?
To switch between worksheets in Excel, click on a tab at the bottom of the workbook window. The tabs will be labeled with the names of the worksheet. Alternatively, you can use the "Ctrl" and "Page Up/Page Down" keys to switch between worksheets quickly.
How do I create a custom date in Excel?
Creating a custom date in excel is relatively easy to do.
1. Open the Excel Spreadsheet
2. Click the Insert tab
3. Click the Date & Time icon from the list
4. Select one of the options from the dropdown
5. Enter your own custom date in the field at the top
6. Click OK
How to insert cross symbol in Excel?
You can easily insert the cross symbol in Excel by using the Character Map. To access the Character Map, go to the Insert tab in the ribbon, and then select the Symbol icon. In the Symbol window, change the font drop-down selector to Windings 2 and then scroll down until you see the cross symbol. You can then select the cross symbol and click the Insert button.
How to apply a formula to entire column in Excel?
To apply a formula to an entire column in Excel, you can use the autofill handle to quickly fill down the formula to the endpoint of your data set.
To do this, start by entering the formula into the first cell of the column you want to apply the formula to.
Once the formula is in the first cell, click and hold the handle in the bottom right corner of the cell until you see a "+" sign.
Now, drag the handle down the length of the column until you reach the last active cell in the column.
When you release the mouse button, Excel will autofill the column with the formula.
How do you cut last characters from Excel cell?
The easiest way to cut the last characters from a cell in Excel is to use the RIGHT function.
To use this function, enter =RIGHT(cell number, number of characters) into the formula bar and press enter. The RIGHT function will return the last characters from a given cell.
How to use conditional formatting based on text in Excel?
1. Select the cells that you want to apply the conditional formatting to.
2. On the Home tab, select Conditional Formatting, and then select New Rule.
3. Select Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
4. Enter the formula in the field below the Format values where this formula is true.
5. For example, if you want to conditionally format cells containing the word “yes”, use the following formula: =ISTEXT(A1)="YES" .
6. Click on the Format button for further formatting options and click OK.
7. Click OK to save your rule.
How to reformat numbers in Excel?
To reformat numbers in Excel, select the numbers you want to reformat and click the "Home" tab. Then, click on the "Number" icon in the ribbon and select the desired formatting type from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can also use the "Format Cells" dialog box by selecting the numbers and pressing "Ctrl + 1" to open it and choose from a variety of number formats.