How to change date and time with one command on Ubuntu?
To change the date and time with one command on Ubuntu, use the "timedatectl" command. For example, to set the date to April 1, 2021, and the time to 12:00 noon, use the following command:
sudo timedatectl set-time "2021-04-01 12:00:00"
How to install Google Chrome using terminal on Linux?
1. First, make sure that you are logged into your Linux system as a user with sudo privileges.
2. Download the latest Google Chrome .deb package from the official website of Google Chrome. You can do this by visiting the following URL in your browser:
3. Once the download is complete, open a terminal and switch to the directory where the .deb package was downloaded.
4. In the terminal, type the following command to install Google Chrome:
sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-*.deb
5. If the installation process generates any dependency errors, execute the following command to resolve them:
sudo apt-get -f install
6. Finally, start Google Chrome by typing the following command in the terminal:
Is Linux compatible with Mac?
Yes, Linux is compatible with Mac. Some users, for example, use the Linux variant Ubuntu on their Macs with the help of "dual-booting" which allows the user to switch between the macOS and the Linux operating systems.
How do I restart a Linux server from the command line?
To restart a Linux server from the command line, use the 'shutdown' command with the '-r' or '--reboot' flag followed by the time at which you would like the server to be restarted. For example:
$ shutdown -r now
This command will restart the server immediately.
What does a server operator do in Linux?
A Linux server operator is someone who is responsible for the overall maintenance and administration of a Linux server. This may involve installing and updating the operating system, creating and managing user accounts, monitoring server activities, tuning system performance, and troubleshooting any errors or issues with the server. In addition, they may be responsible for administering network services such as email, web hosting, file sharing, and other applications.
What is a Linux kernel module (driver)?
A Linux kernel module (driver) is a piece of code that allows the Linux kernel to work with certain hardware or devices. It serves as a bridge between the hardware and the operating system, allowing the hardware to be accessed and used by applications. A Linux module is designed to be compatible with a specific hardware device or type of device, such as a printer, a keyboard, or a sound card. The module typically contains low-level code that communicates with the device and translates data between the hardware and the operating system.
Is Linux good for cybersecurity?
Yes, Linux is considered very secure, making it a good choice for use in cybersecurity. Its open source nature allows for it to be audited for security issues, which can be patched and improved quickly. Additionally, its strong user-based authentication system provides a powerful safeguard against unauthorized access.
How to install VMware Remote Console on Linux and macOS?
1. On Linux:
• Download the VMware Remote Console Client installer to your local drive.
• Make sure it’s executable. To do this, use the chmod command to change the file's attributes:
chmod +x VMware-Remote-Console-x.x.x-xxxxxxx.bundle
• After that, run the installer:
• Follow the instructions on the terminal to complete the installation process.
2. On Mac OS X:
• Download the VMware Remote Console installer package.
• Double-click the .pkg file to open the installer, and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
How to connect client to server in Linux?
1. Establish connectivity between the client and the server using SSH. To do this, open a terminal window and use the command “ssh [email protected]
_ip”, replacing “user” with a valid user name on the server and “server_ip” with the IP address of the server.
2. If prompted, enter the user’s password for the server.
3. Once connected, you can run commands on the server from the client computer, as though you were directly logged on to the computer.